Waves oscillate,
nudging my torso to bow,
then stretch.
Hearing the ocean breathe
as long as synapses allow...
Translucent blues
frosted with algae,
reflecting God's love.
Tandem foot torsions
left, right,
grinding bleached carbonates.
Electrons prick my pinked nerves,
hands clench, then slacken.
My brown, freckled back steams.
Looking into the blood light
filtered through eyelids
I wait...wait.
Again, she breathes in
The third set builds.
Sucking sand over my ankles and
the water level to my knees.
Leaning forward, arms back
cocked for flinging weight.
The balls of my feet dig and bend
...ready
for when the bread will come.
Her clamor pauses to heave.
Looking back, pupils constrict.
Her watery palm rises up to carry me.
…now
Diving forward,
sinking two arm pulls,
arching my shoulder blades
like sails, I tuck my head.
Thrust forward, my ears
pummeled by her heart's thunder.
Clinging to her foaming mane,
I fly like superman.
Her energy charges forward,
then diffuses from the wave,
infusing a measure
into me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
The way you picked apart body surfing, reminds me to remember... to remember that life is in high definition, you need only take time to pause and zoom in. I liked it a lot, bro.
Post a Comment